Saturday, April 24, 2010

Instant besan laddoos


I am not a fan of sweet stuff, so I don't really make them too often. But my kiddo who's 4 really loves laddoos. My grandma made divine boondi laddoos when we were kids, but I do not have the boondi ladle with me, nor the expertise to make them. But one day, I came across this recipe for microwave besan laddoos, and was inspired to try them. They turned out perfect. You need just a few ingredients and it takes 10 minutes to make.Here's how you make them.


Besan - 1 1/2 cups
Ghee - 5 to 6 tbsp
Sugar  - 1 cup
Cashews - a few
Raisins - few

Add ghee to the besan and microwave for 5 minutes. After every minute, mix the besan and check to see if it's burning. At the end of 5 minutes, it should be toasted and smell really good.
Powder the sugar, confectioners sugar does not work that well in this recipe.
Let it cool for some time and add the powdered sugar, cashews and raisins.
Make into balls of your desired size.
If the mixture is dry, add more ghee.
If you fancy your besan laddoos to be more moist, increase the quantity of ghee.
stores for up to a week. (If they last that long :)

4 comments:

Silverroses said...

Hey Bhavana,
It's really nice idea to microwave the besan instead of roasting. That makes it soo easy, I will try this sometime soon, thanks for the shortcut idea :)

Pallavi

Bhavana said...

Thanks Pallavi..do let me know how they turned out :)

Silverroses said...

I tried it today, they turned out so good!!

Bhavana said...

Thanks silver roses :)