Monday, April 19, 2010

Broccoli and pepper pizza























I love pizza, I mean who doesn't? Hubby dear swears that he has an aversion to cheese, but can't resist a good slice of the pie. Now the pizza that we get from any pizzeria is loaded with cheese and calories, and I feel guilty after just a small slice. So to satisfy my cravings, I make it at home. This time I tried to incorporate some thing healthy too, broccoli. I have tried making the base with just whole wheat flour, but that resulted in a pizza that was dense and totally disappointing. So, I found that the best way to make it is with half whole wheat and half all purpose flour.

Method:

All purpose flour: 1 cup
Whole wheat flour: 1 cup
Yeast: 1 packet
salt: 1 tsp
Sugar: 1 tbsp
warm water: to dissolve the yeast
vegetables: your choice
pizza sauce: 3/4 cup (I used store bought marinara sauce)
part skim mozzarella cheese: 1 cup

Base:

In a bowl, add warm water and the yeast, salt and sugar.
Set aside and leave it till the yeast starts to froth.
Now add the flours and knead well.
Spray some olive oil spray in a bowl, and keep the dough in it, covered for about an hour.
The dough should have doubled. Now punch the dough and roll it out.

Toppings:

I had broccoli, onions,peppers and tomatoes.
Spread some pizza sauce on the base, add the vegetables and top it with cheese.
Bake it in a 400F preheated oven for about 22 min.
Don't mind the shape tho :)

No comments: