Monday, March 7, 2011

Spiderman Cake

I made this cake for my son's 4th B'day. It so happens that he's never had his birthday party on his actual birthday which fell on a weekday every year. He is a huge Spider-man fan. Which 4 yr old kid isn't :)  I baked this cake at 12 in the night, so he would not see it. I still remember the delight on his face, when he found out his mommy had made it for him.



I used a box cake mix for this, and a whipped vanilla icing.
I got food colors, and mixed them in with the icing.

This is how I decorated the cake:

Bake the cake in a round pan and let it cool.
Carve the bottom portion of the cake to resemble an oval face.
Now, cover the cake with the red colored icing. I did not have piping bags, so I used ziploc bags.
Use the blue colored icing to outline the mask, and fill the eyes with the white icing.

This cake was super easy to make. Next time, I plan to try a super mario cake. That being his current muse :)

No comments: