Sunday, June 5, 2011

Jewelry organizer (Handmade)

This is my first non food related post. I was frustrated with looking for accessories in various places and ending up using the same ones over and over due to not finding the rest. I came up with this idea for  an organizer, and guess what? It cost me 4$ and a half hour to do it. This might be something that a teenager would do, but hey, I am glad none the less.  My sis-in-law has this cool metal one, to hold all her earrings. She has tons of cute ones :) I was looking for something like that, but didn't find one. I saw a few tips online for stuff from an arts and crafts store. I have not seen any such store in my neighborhood, and the closest to such a store were the few isles in walmart that have these supplies. I did not find the stuff that they mentioned, but I did find others and got them. Here's what I came up with. This works well for hoop earrings, but not for the regular studs.


You will need the following:

Foam sheets or any thick cardboard. I found ones that had adhesive at the back, ad all I needed to do was peel and stick them on the wall. Bell pins or board pins, and twine.


Fix the board pins into the foam and tie the twine as in the pics, to create rows for earrings. For the other stuff like bracelets, chains and watches, just push the pins into the foam and hang them.

No comments: