Sunday, August 7, 2016

Easy Mini Pecan Pies

I had some leftover pie crust from the holidays and I wanted to make something new and interesting. I have made the whole pecan pie in the past and I have a fool proof simple recipe that I have reused here. 

Corn Syrup is a common ingredient for Pecan Pie. This gives it the sticky and gooey texture, but I really didn't want to use this. It's debatable that Processed Sugar is just as bad as Corn Syrup, but I would pick a known devil over the unknown.

I made these for a dinner party at a friend's place and I cut the pie crust into rounds and baked them in a Muffin Pan. They turned out really yummy and this recipe is a keeper.


Ingredients:
Pie Crust - I used Pillsbury
Pecans - 1 Cup
Flour - 2 Tbsp
Sugar - 1 1/4 Cups (White + Brown Mixed)
Butter - 1/2 Cup
Eggs - 2
Milk - 2 Tbsp
Vanilla Extract - 1/2 Tsp

Unroll the pie crust and use a bottle cap or any round cookie cutter/tin etc to make 8 small pie crusts. Gather the left over and keep rolling it back to not waste any dough.

Beat the eggs and add melted butter, vanilla extract and milk and mix. Mix all the dry ingredients separately and add to the wet ingredients and mix. Add the pecans and mix again.

Pre-heat oven to 400F. Place the crust in the muffin tin moulds and pour the filling 3/4 of the way. Bake for 10 minutes, reduce to 350F and bake again until set. about 20 more minutes.

Remove and serve with Whipped Cream.

No comments: