Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Desi mexican thin crust pizza

I used leftover paneer filling and enchilada sauce from the enchiladas I made earlier. The paneer gives it a familiar desi taste and the rest of the ingredients make it mexican. A pretty good dish, and I have to say, my best homemade pizza till date.



















Pizza base - Refer to my previous pizza posts
Paneer/chicken filling - 1 1/2 cups - Refer to my enchilada recipe
Enchilada/Pizza sauce - 1 cup - Refer to my enchilada recipe
Olives - 1/2 cup
Red onion - 1 diced
Grated cheese - 1 cup (I used mexican blend)

Roll out the pizza base really thin. I used store bought fresh whole wheat base here.
Spread the sauce on the base. Top with paneer filling. I used the chicken filling recipe here, and substituted chicken with the paneer. The rest of the process is the same.
Top with olives, onions and cheese.

Bake in a preheated 400F oven for about 12 min, until the base is crispy and cheese melts.

Remove, top with chopped cilantro, slice and serve.

No comments: